The wonderful Julie from Bloggers Heart Books decided to put together a sekrit little project for a wonderful book. This wonderful little book is called Hourglass by Myra McEntire.
In TWO MONTHS this freakin awesome book known as Hourglass will be available for EVERYONE TO READ! And everyone should. I’m a huge fan of this book and my review will be posted closer to the release date but let me say now, everyone NEEDS to read this book. I suggest you even pre-order it now so you can have it the day it comes out.
And why should pre-order this book? Well, let me tell you.
Ten Reasons Why You Should Pre-Order Hourglass by Myra McEntire IMMEDIATELY
- EMERSON COLE. She is awesome. Like legit. She is badass. She even has BROWN BELT to prove it. She is just full of win.
- HOT BOYS. Phew. This book definitely has its fill of hot boys. Particularlly Michael Weaver. Boy, is he fine. I’m legit in love with him and he is a fictional character. There is also Kaleb. I loved Kaleb in a different way, in like an “OMG he is soo adorable way.” But there are plenty of boys for everyone.
- THE ROMANCE. The romance could have gone crazy wrong ,but it is so right. LIKE IT IS PERFECT. There were some epic scenes of sexual tension that had me literally screaming at the book for them to just kiss already. I loved it.
- DOCTOR WHO REFERENCE FOR THE WIN! The doctor who reference kind of like sealed the deal for me loving this book.
- SNARK! Oh my gosh how I love the snark. Em’s personality is just awesome. So full of snarky comebacks that literally had me laughing. Another reason why she is awesome.
- THE FREAKIN PLOT! This book literally kept me on the tip of my toes. I had no idea what to expect or where it was going next. It was a perfect blend of mystery, action, paranormal, Wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff , and awesome. The last like quarter of the book, I swear my mouth was wide open in amazement. It was so freaking fresh and original.
- THE TWISTS! I know I mentioned the plot, but the plot twists deserve their own special recognition. Like wow. I literally did not see most of those twists coming. I actually had to pause in reading after one major twist because I was in such shock. BRAVO MYRA!
- THE WRITING! The writing was just perfect. It captured the essence of each character perfectly, was able to convey humor without feeling forced and just was great.
- THE CHARACTERS. One of the great things about Hourglass is that the characters stay with you. They literally get like trapped in your brain. They are so really and each one (and I mean each character, down to the minor ones) serves and purpose and feels real. The characters are just full of life.
- THE COVER. Look at it. I mean LOOK AT IT. SHE IS LIKE WALKING ON THE WALL. And it’s gonna be even more awesome because it will be SHIMMERY AND SHINEY when it is published. I might caress it a lot when I get it because of the pretty (I am such a creeper)
Hourglass is one of those books that when you pick it up you know is going to be good. When you beginning reading you don’t want to stop, you know you hold the rest of the story in your hand and you want to uncover it page by page. AND IT’S A DEBUT NOVEL. (WHICH IS EVEN MORE AMAZING)!
This is a must read for everyone. Definitely one of my favorites for 2011. Everyone should pre-order it.
And if my ten reasons for pre-ordering didn’t convince you, check out some more epic gushing and loving from Julie at Bloggers Heart Books, Harmony at Radiant Reads, and Danielle B. at Frenzy of Noise that should convince you to pre-order it now! DO NOT MISS THIS BOOK!
Places to Pre-order: