Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (87) - Sapphire Blue


Sapphire Blue
Kerstin Gier
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)
To be released: October 30, 2012

Summary (from Goodreads):

Gwen’s life has been a rollercoaster since she discovered she was the Ruby, the final member of the secret time-traveling Circle of Twelve. In between searching through history for the other time-travelers and asking for a bit of their blood (gross!), she’s been trying to figure out what all the mysteries and prophecies surrounding the Circle really mean. At least Gwen has plenty of help. Her best friend Lesley follows every lead diligently on the Internet. James the ghost teaches Gwen how to fit in at an eighteenth century party. And Xemerius, the gargoyle demon who has been following Gwen since he caught her kissing Gideon in a church, offers advice on everything. Oh, yes. And of course there is Gideon, the Diamond. One minute he’s very warm indeed; the next he’s freezing cold. Gwen’s not sure what’s going on there, but she’s pretty much destined to find out.

This is one of those times I really wish I could read German so I could know how the next book in this amazing series goes! I loved Ruby Red and have been dying for the sequel. Too bad I have to wait for forever to read it! If only I could read German, the language these stories were originally published in, I’d know how the whole series ended.

Also, not sure how I feel about the cover. I know they redid the cover for Ruby Red since I read it, but this cover….hmmm….not sure if I like it or not. It’s so different from the German cover.

German cover
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event highlighting exciting upcoming releases. It is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Gosh that dress is to die for! wow the German cover is really different!

    Here is my WoW post this week with a GIVEAWAY!!!

    ReplyDelete