Monday, July 19, 2010

Review: Only the Good Spy Young




Only the Good Spy Young
Ally Carter
Publisher: Hyperion Book CH
Release date: June 29, 2010
Pages: 240

Rating: 5 Stars

Summary (from Goodreads):

When Cammie Morgan enrolled at the Gallagher Academy, she knew she was preparing for the dangerous life of a spy. What she didn’t know was that the serious, real-life danger would start during her junior year of high school. But that’s exactly what happened two months ago when she faced off against an ancient terrorist organization dead set on kidnapping her. 



Now the danger follows her everywhere and even Cammie “The Chameleon” can’t hide. When a terrifying encounter in London reveals that one of her most-trusted allies is actually a rogue double-agent Cammie no longer knows if she can trust her classmates, her teachers—or even her own heart. 


In this fourth installment of the New York Times best-selling series, the Gallagher Girls must hack, spy, steal, and lie their way to the truth as they go searching for answers, recognizing that the key to Cammie’s future may lie deep in the past....

I am going to go all fan girly on this review because I absolutely loved this book. Ally Carter exceeded all expectations with this fourth installment in the Gallagher Girls series. I brought this book and could not stop reading it once I started it was that good. 

I am going to try to keep this as spoiler free as possible because, believe me, there are tons of spoilers. This book was so jammed packed with mysteries, adventure, betrayals, action, and romance. I loved every minute of reading it. 

Starting from the first chapter, literally, Ally Carter takes you on an amazing read. The story starts right away and does not let you go until the last page, leaving you dying for more. So much happen in this installment of the Gallagher Girls series, answering many questions I was left with from prior books. It's really hard to try to keep this review non-spoilery because much of the awesomeness of this book is from many of the secrets that were revealed. 

This series has grown so much from its first book, I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You. I love now that the plots are less frivolous, and more real. Your truly seeing the dangerous of being a spy and the difficult decisions that Cammie must make. This book, by far, is currently my favorite in the series. It had everything I have come to expect in the Gallagher Girls series and so much more. I was literally yelling at the characters and points and gasping at others, it was so good. 

The fifth book in the Gallagher Girls series better come out soon because the ending of the book had me dying. I cannot wait to see what happens next with Cammie after what she decided to do in the ending. The fifth book cannot be written soon enough. I will definitely be picking that book up as soon as possible.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this book! It was my favorite Gallagher Girl book yet, I am dying for book 5!

    ReplyDelete