Friday, December 31, 2010

Favorite Books of 2010

Now that 2010 is over, it is time to reflect on the year. This year there were so many wonderful books published it was impossible for me to pick just 10. I'm going to show you my top ten but then also show you my other favorites from this year as well. There was just so much AWESOME this year, it was nearly impossible to limit my list.

My Top 10 Books of 2010 (in no particular order):

Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken
An amazing debut novel from the extremely talent, and extremely nice, Alexandra Bracken. I just love this book. I love the world Alexandra Bracken created. No matter how many times I read this book, I'm always blown away by it. Everything is just perfect. And of course this book has North, who I love. Read a full review from The Book Cellar.

Sea by Heidi R. Kling
Ahh Sea. Whenever I think of Sea I get all warm and fuzzy. I love this book so much. Heidi R. Kling has written such a powerful, moving book that captured my heart the moment I read the first page. I remember the day this book came out I got it on my Nook and was reading it in school when I should have been doing work. I cannot explain how much I love this book. So breath-takingly beautiful. I love its so much I even created a website for it. Without a doubt Sea is a great debut and a fabulous book from 2010. Read my full review.

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
One of my favorite contemporary romances, and one of the best books without a doubt of 2010. Funny, romantic and just amazing. This book was everything and more. Another great debut novel from such a talent writer. ANNA is simply amazing. Read my full review.

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
I don't think I've ever reread a book immediately after finishing it, but I did with Hex Hall. This book was perfect. Sophie was such a great character and truly had me laughing out loud. Once again, Hex Hall is a great book from a debut author. It's got a great cast of characters, cute boys, mystery and magic. Everything I want in a book and more. Read a full review from Frenzy of Noise.

By the Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead by Julie Anne Peters
Wow. This was such an emotional book. I still remember reading this book and crying during parts of it. So good. This book says so much while its main character says so little. Dealing with the difficult topic of suicide and death, Julie Anne Peters capture's Daelyn's struggle perfectly. This book will definitely stay with you once you read it. Read my full review.

13 to Life by Shannon Delany
One of my new favorite series. 13 to Life was so much more than a typical  paranormal romance. I loved everything about this book, especially the wonderful characters. If you couldn't tell, I really love this series, and the next one Secrets and Shadows continues this wonderful series. Read my full review. Check out my Fragment Friday featuring 13 to Life.

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
I was awaiting this book for so long and was not disappointed at all. If anything, I think this first book in the Infernal Devices is even better than the Mortal Instrument series. I mean it's hard not to love. Victorian England, Shadow Hunters, hot boys, steampunk. What is not to love? Read a full review from Ticket to Anywhere.

Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel 
Oh Infinite Days how I love you. Such a beautifully written book. I loved that this was soooo not a typical vampire book. Rebecca Maizel was able to suck me into Lenah's world from the first page of this book. A vampire who turns human in order to feel. Lovely, truly, lovely. Read my full review.

Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl 
Not many times do I love a sequel more than the first in a series, but Beautiful Darkness surpassed Beautiful Creatures. This book was amazing. So much happened and I literally could not predict where Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl were going to take us next. And poor Ethan. I literally just wanted to give him a hug. Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl really do know how to write a kickass story. Read my full review.

The Iron King and The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
Okay, while these are two books, they both make my top ten list since they are in the same series. Wow. The Iron Fey series is definitely one of the best book series out there. I love the new take on fairies, with a whole race of Fey created of iron. And boy, does Julie Kagawa know how to write a kick ass story. And then there is Ash *sigh*. I don't know how you can not LOVE this series. Read a full review of the Iron King from The Book Cellar. Read my full review of the Iron Daughter.

Other favorite books from 2010 include:



2 comments:

  1. All the books on this list I've read I absolutely loved!! I still have yet to get to Hex Hall, Beautiful Darkness and some others :) YAY BRIGHTLY WOVEN AND SEA!

    That site you made is super fab Ms Dani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list! I haven't read all of them but they are all on Mt TBR so glad to hear that you liked them so much. Means that I probably will too. Now all I need is for my clone to come in and we can bang out all the books I want to read!!

    ReplyDelete